It’s almost that time of the year! The season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, Autumn is set to arrive with rosy apples and shorter days that draw us towards bonfire night and bright sparklers in the night air. It is the most spectacular season- the last hurrah before the bitter winds of winter takes over.
Before the season ends, plan domestic trip at these five beautiful places to witness glorious fall color and beauty all around the country:
- South India
Fresh off verdant monsoons, South India has long and green autumns. Whether it is the hilly forests of Kerala, pristine beaches of Visakhapatnam, or exotic coffee plantations of Western Ghats, South India’s autumn destinations are perfect to enjoy ambient weather, hikes and cruising along lofty palms and coconut groves at backwaters.
- Best time of the year – September to early November
- Best Places to Visit – Wayanad, Kodaikanal, Nilgiris Tiger Reserves
- West India
West India might be popular for its hot climate, but hey autumn in this region is known for its cool weather. So, without much worry, travellers can venture into the desert in Rajasthan and enjoy camel safaris. Besides this, one can also explore the historic, lake-bound Rajput-era forts of Jaipur, Diu’s pulsating beaches, cascading strawberry fields and rivers in the Western Ghats, and the party capital of India, Goa.
- Best time of the year – September to November
- Best Places to Visit – Rann of Kutch, Mahabaleshwar, Amber Palace, Palolem Beach
- East India
In satisfying autumn weather in East India, visiting the mangrove forests of Sunderbans is a rewarding experience. And the best part? During this time of the year, you can spot the endangered Bengal tigers and a myriad of tropical wildlife in East India. Besides this, you can also visit India’s vivacious beaches, namely Digha and Mousumi Island, and witness picturesque autumns, flanked by native flowers and adventurous trekking routes in Shillong.
- Best time of the year – September to mid-November
- Best Places to Visit – Yumthang Valley, Sunderbans, Kaziranga National Park, Shillong
- North India
Now, we know that autumn in north India occurs in short spurs, but it is the best time to travel to the Himalayas. Not only does it turn pleasantly chilly but also the terrain remains strewn with vibrant leaves and wildflowers. Oh, and hey, it also happens to be the best time for skiing on snow.
- Best time of the year – September
- Best places to Visit – Roopkund Glacial Lake, Manali, Nanda Devi National Park
- Border States of Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, and Punjab
In Autumn, travellers can opt for the Chadar Trek, which is covered with entire snow-laden rivers. One can also head to Japfu Peak which happens to be one of the scenic treks along lush bamboo groves. Another place that you can visit in Autumn is Pathankot city.
- Best time of the year – September and October
- Best places to visit – Dras, Japfu Peak, Kamlang Wildlife Sanctuary, Pathankot
Experience this land of invigorating colours, rich traditions, delicious food, and heart-warming people during India’s graceful autumns. If you are planning your next visit here, look for an affordable holiday package, book flights, and make the most of your Autumn vacation!